Game for parrots owners and for parrots lovers
1 How many large families of parrots are there?
2 Which family has the most species?
3 Loris and Lorikeets are parrots in the loridae family that feed mainly on nectar. But what makes them different?
- The shape of the tail: short for some and elongated for others.
- The way to gather nectar.
- The marked sexual dimorphism in some and not in others.
4 The CALOPSITTE parakeet is a very popular medium-small parrot that is easy to breed. But what big family is she in?
- Psittacidae because of its shape
- Cacatuidae because of its erectile hoopoe
- Loridae because of the shape of its beak
5 What is the other name for the Agapornis (from the family Psittacidae)?
- Pygmy parakeets
- Amazon parrots
6 Macaws are parrots in the psittacidae family. Their size varies and can reach 100 cm long. Which macaw is the largest?
- Macaw araruena
- The Hyacinthe Macaw
7 The Macavouanne macaw lives in South America: but what are its DOMINANT colors?
- Green and yellow
- Green and blue.
- Green and red
8 The smallest of the Macaws measures 30cm is:
- Military macaw
- The arra nobilis or noble macaw
- Macaw chloroptera
9 The eclectus of the psittacidae family is one of the few parrots with very marked sexual dimorphism:
- The female is red and the male green.
- The male is red and the female is green.
- The male and female are green, but the male has red flight feathers.