Xylitol is a sweetener that is increasingly found in diet foods or for the ketogenic diet ( very popular at the moment ). It is made mainly from birch bark.
Xylitol is known to cause life-threatening hypoglycemia in dogs with liver damage ( you don’t give that to your dog ).
Danger for psittacines
parrots have a much higher metabolism than most mammals and could respond to it more strongly, even with a minimal amount of this sweetener.
If you use it, never do it in the presence of your parrot ( an accident happens so quickly ) and keep it in a safe place, out of reach of Coco’s beak. In the list of ingredients, it can also be hidden under the name “E967”.
Never feed your parrot sweet xylitol foods, EVER!