A healthy parrot To ensure that a bird is healthy, it should be observed carefully.
To this end,
– Don’t get too close to him.
– Do not make large movements (keep your arms alongside your body).
– Do not hit the cage to get his attention.
A healthy parrot !
1) The parrot must have beautiful plumage which it will have maintained.
He must have all his feathers. The parrot can tear off its feathers when it is stressed, depressed or bored and stinging is a behavioral disorder almost impossible to treat!
In addition, the feathers must not be twisted, curled or twisted (signs in particular of vitamin A deficiency).
2) The eyes are sharp.
3) The parrot sleeps normally (ie on a paw) and its belly does not rest on the bar.
4) He breathes calmly without opening his beak. The nostrils are dry (without any discharge) and not blocked.
5) He eats or has eaten the food made available to him.
6) The droppings are two-colored and there is no diarrhea at the bottom of the cage.
Remember that if the parrot calls and hides at the bottom of its cage when you approach, it is certainly a wild import parrot.